Netsparker 18.104.22.16804 - 16th March 2017
New Security Checks
- New security check that detects insecure targets in Content Security Policy.
- Added checks for exposure of trace.axd in ASP.NET applications.
- New security check for Time Based Server-Side Request Forgery.
- Added Markdown Injection attack pattern to XSS engine.
- Added a Code Evaluation check for Apache Struts framework.
- Improved Boolean SQL Injection detection.
- Updated the Local File Inclusion vulnerability classifications.
- Improved Trace/Track security checks.
- Improved coverage of XSS engine in redirects.
- Added policy optimization support for SSRF security checks.
- Added exploit generation support for "Cross-site Scripting via Remote File Inclusion" vulnerability.
- Improved form authentication logout detection by ignoring the responses of some attacks to prevent incorrect logout detections.
- Added type ahead search box for Security Check Groups on Scan Policy Editor.
- Added "Send to Request Builder" context menu item for activities on scan activity pane.
- Added input validation for placeholder patterns on Custom URL rewrite grid.
- Added scheduling support for Incremental Scan feature.
- Added the number of crawled links next to scanned host names on sitemap tree.
- Improved code generation for form authentication custom scripts.
- Improved proxy options UI. Now proxy address inputs can be pasted along with user credentials and port.
- Added VDB support to Blind & Boolean SQLi post exploitation.
- Added an info message to Browser View tab that tells this view is a limited preview.
- Added file parameter type support to Request Builder.
- Added support for multiple report exporting to Scheduled Scans.
- Added the number of vulnerability severities of current scan to status bar.
- Added Copy URL and Copy as cURL context menu items to Imported Links grid.
- Added pause scan button to interactive login dialog.
- Improved sqlmap command generation by adding database server type parameter.
- Start New Scan dialog is made resizable.
- Added Search feature to Imported Links.
- Added Cancel button for Request Builder.
- Added support for checking Open Redirection vulnerability on Refresh response header.
- Added the XPath information of the element that causes the DOM XSS vulnerability.
- Added "Sub Path Max Dynamic Signatures" setting for Heuristic URL Rewrite detection.
- Added database specific queries for the selected SQLi vulnerability on exploitation panel.
- Added finding vulnerabilities which sink into window.name capability for DOM XSS security checks.
- Improved coverage of Local File Inclusion engine so that a vulnerability can be found in a full url attack.
- Fixed several issues related to DOM parsing and simulation.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException thrown by HTTP Methods checks.
- Fixed a StackOverflowException caused by JSON responses with too many nested elements.
- Fixed PoC generation during post exploitation for time based SQLi checks.
- Fixed incorrect bearer token log message on verify dialog even when bearer token detection is disabled.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException while confirming a Boolean SQLi vulnerability.
- Fixed several issues related with splash screen to make sure it is hidden when the application is loaded.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException thrown by logout detection while trying to close the application.
- Fixed an issue where scan is paused when an additional host is unreachable.
- Fixed an issue where the new link nodes added under an excluded branch on sitemap tree were not excluded.
- Fixed the misleading message that is shown when a manual crawling scan is started, Form Authentication feature no more requires installing a certificate to your computer.
- Fixed IndexOutOfRangeException thrown while trying to open Scan Policy Editor dialog if the UI language is set to Korean.
- Fixed keyboard tab order on Form Authentication settings.
- Fixed an issue where injection HTTP response displays an empty string because deserialized file does not contain the HTML response of the attack.
- Fixed typos in CSP vulnerability templates.
- Fixed the broken impacts table on Executive Summary Report PDF when the table spans 2 pages.
- Fixed several issues related with report policy naming when the name is invalid or too long.
- Fixed generated blank pages on PDF reports.
- Fixed OperationCanceledException thrown during extra confirmation.
- Fixed UI glitches on form authentication Custom Script dialog caused when splitters are resized.
- Fixed several Request Builder issues.
- Fixed Test Credentials button on basic authentication settings which does not send Authorization request header if Do Not Expect Challange check box is checked.
- Fixed the ignored email are still reported on knowledge base issue.
- Fixed a bug where double encoded attacks are not exploitable in browser when proof URL is clicked.
- Fixed an issue where source code disclosure is reported in JS and CSS files.
- Fixed an SQL exploitation issue where executing a SQL query which expects an integer result is no longer giving failure for PostgreSQL database.
- Fixed a Text Parser issue where single quote characters were being captured as part of links.
- Fixed the incorrect path disclosure caused by the Shellshock attack.
- Fixed a TargetInvocationException thrown when a new license is trying to be loaded using Help > Load New License menu item.
- Fixed missing SSRF proofs under Proofs knowledge base.
- Fixed an ArgumentException thrown by DOM XSS checks when the web site is crawled using manual crawling mode.
- Fixed incorrect encoded parameter names for multipart/form-data forms.
- Fixed the incorrect auto update notification even when you have a more up-to-date version of the application.
- Fixed the large right margin on Knowledge Base Report (PDF) summary page.
- Fixed the splash screen that is shown in front of the trial popup message.
- Fixed the performance issues of recrawling related to DOM XSS checks on web sites with lots of links.
- Fixed the incorrect CR LF encoding issues on proof URLs.
- Fixed a retest issue where all parameters of the link were being retested whereas only the vulnerable parameter must be retested.
- Fixed the visual glitch occurs on Imported Links section upon importing new links.
- Fixed an issue where stored XSS vulnerability is reported in an XHR response rather than in the page itself which makes XHR request.
- Fixed an issue where Boolean SQLi vulnerability is missed due to crawled parameter value.
- Fixed an issue where reflected XSS vulnerability is missed because the reflected payload is HTML encoded in an attribute.
Netsparker 22.214.171.12434 - 16th February 2017
- Fixed a Web App Fingerprinter issue causing degraded performance.
Netsparker 126.96.36.19988 - 14th February 2017
- Fixed a form authentication issue where the URL in Location response header is followed even if status code is not a redirection status code.
Netsparker 188.8.131.5281 - 8th February 2017
- Fixed an issue on Custom Form Authentication script editor where an extra header sent causing some pages not to load.
- Fixed a form authentication issue where cookies with same names were not updated.
- Fixed an issue where vulnerability is not reported due to XML Content-Type which exploitation might not be possible.
- Fixed a compatibility issue occurs while trying to load an old scan session file.
Netsparker 184.108.40.20694 - 31st January 2017
- Fixed clipped Scan Policy Editor dialog issue on high DPI display settings.
Netsparker 220.127.116.1172 - 27th January 2017
- Fixed an InvalidOperationException which occurs on some specific setups.
- Fixed several scan activity list issues and enhanced performance.
Netsparker 18.104.22.16853 - 19th January 2017
- Added CVSS information to more vulnerabilities.
- Updated vulnerability database.
- Fixed a crash which occurs when too many elements are nested in the HTTP response.
- Fixed a text parsing issue where absolute URLs were converted to invalid relative URLs.
- Fixed incorrect protocol detection for protocol-relative URLs.
Netsparker 22.214.171.12434 - 12th January 2017
- Included support for the Netsparker Hawk infrastructure for detection of SSRF and OOB vulnerabilities.
- Support for importation of Postman files.
- Added "Copy as cURL" context menu item to sitemap.
- Added "Copy sqlmap Payload" context menu item for SQL Injection vulnerabilities.
- Added HTTP request rate limiting options to Scan Policy.
- Added "Ignored Email Addresses" section for Scan Policy.
- Added accept and reject options for untrusted SSL certificates.
- Added an option to disable automatic detection of 404 error pages.
New Security Checks
- New security checks for Server Side Request Forgery (SSRF) vulnerability
- New security checks for out-of-band vulnerabilities such as OOB SQL Injection, OOB XXE, Blind XSS, OOB RCE, OOB RFI etc.
- Added "Missing object-src in CSP Declaration" vulnerability detection.
- Added "Apache Multiple Choices" vulnerability detection.
- Added "Stored DOM based XSS" vulnerability detection.
- Improved the message displayed when trying to open an invalid session file.
- Added /nopdf command line switch to prevent generating PDF reports while performing automated scans.
- Added AttackPattern.GetAllEngines() and AttackPattern.GetAllPatterns() methods to reporting API to get the list of engine and pattern IDs.
- Added "Test Credentials" support for Basic, NTLM/Kerberos authentication configuration screen.
- Added progress dialog for importing links.
- Improved the performance of several link importers.
- Added global proxy options under Tools > Options to configure an application wide proxy.
- Added "Bearer Token" support for form authentication.
- Added confirmation for Frame Injection vulnerabilities.
- Added http: and https: checks for CSP vulnerability detection.
- Improved link importers where redundant CONNECT requests are now excluded.
- Optimized attacker performance for links containing single parameter.
- Added SSL protocol selection for scan policies.
- Added context menu items to the Report Policy Editor to multiple selected vulnerabilities by severity.
- Optimized crawling parser by skipping DOM simulation on pages with static content.
- Improved coverage of CORS security check with extra attacks.
- Removed GWT attacks from file upload security checks.
- Improved DOM simulation performance.
- Improved CSS parsing which now follows CSS import directives.
- Improved coverage of open redirect security checks by adding/updating attacks patterns.
- Added support for "HTTP 410 Gone" and "HTTP 451 Unavailable For Legal Reasons" response status codes.
- Fixed an issue where a multiple cookies issue should not be reported.
- Fixed a JSON parsing issue with text parser.
- Fixed a request builder issue where the credentials on URL were not preserved.
- Fixed a request builder issue where the port number change is not reflected to raw request tab.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException which may have been thrown while closing the splash screen.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException which may have been thrown while updating activities on scan summary dashboard.
- Fixed clipped texts on several windows while using higher DPI settings.
- Fixed a request builder issue where the port on pasted URL is not parsed.
- Fixed a request builder issue where Cookie request header is not sent.
- Fixed a request builder issue where Cache-Control request header value was being duplicated.
- Fixed an HTTP response reading issue where the response could not be read when only BOM bytes are sent on first read attempt.
- Fixed the list on LFI exploitation panel where the same files were being duplicated.
- Fixed an issue in report policy editor that causes CVSS editing controls to disappear.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException on scan policy editor dialog thrown while clicking select inverse context menu on some security check groups.
- Fixed an issue where a false-positive file upload vulnerability might be reported.
- Fixed several DOM simulation issues on pages that have many iframe elements.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException while performing an internal MD5 encoding operation.
- Fixed an issue where the vulnerabilities found on a scan lingers to the next scan started.
- Fixed an encoding issue on a proof URL of an XSS vulnerability.
- Fixed a hang issue occurs when too many email addresses found on the response.
- Fixed an issue where "Shell Script Identified" vulnerability is not found when retested.
- Fixed a scan profile load issue occurs when a link with binary body is imported.
- Fixed the table layout on comparison report which was having too wide columns when the URLs were too long.
- Fixed the duplicate request issue on "AJAX / XML HTTP Requests" knowledge base report.
- Fixed URL parsing on pages where the URLs were containing whitespace characters like carriage return and line feeds.
- Fixed an ArgumentOutOfRangeException thrown while trying to match the redirected URL to configured logout detection pattern.
Netsparker 126.96.36.19978 - 11th November 2016
- Fixed a hang issue occurs on some configurations.
Netsparker 188.8.131.5200 - 2nd November 2016
- Fixed an issue that occurs during the attacking phase where all threads cannot be utilized.
- Fixed handling of blob: protocol on DOM simulation.
Netsparker 184.108.40.20682 - 1st November 2016
New Technical Check
- Improved the Content Security Policy (CSP) and "Misconfigured Access-Control-Allow-Origin Header" vulnerability templates.
- Improved CSP vulnerability detection by only reporting vulnerabilities on HTML resources.
- Team Foundation Server Send To action now populates severity and repro steps fields.
- Improved report generation dialog by remembering the last used settings separately for each report type.
- Added "Copy as cURL" context menu item to site map.
- Added support for HTTP POST method while using Open in Browser site map context menu option.
- Added support for attacking to User-Agent and Referer request headers.
- Improved scan session export dialog by suggesting default file names.
- Improved the coverage of the boolean SQL injection vulnerability engine.
- Improved GitHub send to configuration by check the existence of the specified repository.
- Fixed various encoding issues on request builder.
- Fixed the splash screen issue where it opens on wrong monitor on multi monitor setups.
- Fixed External CSS, Script and Frame knowledge base items which do not consider the port while performing checks.
- Fixed the missing method values on vulnerability summary table of reports.
- Fixed the missing dashboard statistics when a scan session is imported.
- Fixed the site map Copy URL issue for some nodes which were missing URL information.
- Fixed a hang that may occur when windows gets locked, goes to sleep or hibernation.
- Fixed an issue with auto save where scan is not saved during the extra confirmation phase.
- Fixed an issue in open redirect detection where incorrect URLs may also be reported.
- Fixed the zero progress bar issue on loaded scan files.
- Fixed various CSP vulnerability highlight issues.
- Fixed an issue related with form authentication which prevents logout detection during attacking phase.
- Fixed an issue related with temp file generation.
- Fixed an Local File Inclusion vulnerability detection issue when attacked with a FullUrl payload.
- Fixed an extra tab on Scanned URLs List (CSV) report template.
- Fixed the size of scan policy editor dialog on screens with high DPI.
- Fixed the incorrect severity icon on site map when a vulnerability is selected.
- Fixed an incorrect retest result occurs when the target web site is not reachable.
- Fixed a CSP vulnerability issue for deprecated CSP header name on meta tags.
- Fixed the remaining registry keys after uninstall.
Netsparker 220.127.116.1184 - 21st October 2016
- Improved vulnerability templates.
- Added support for sending vulnerabilities to JIRA when JIRA is homed at a path instead of the root.
- Added support for detecting requests made to blob-schemed URIs during DOM simulation.
- Fixed missing external references on some vulnerability templates.
Netsparker 18.104.22.16877 - 12th October 2016
- Fixed the issue where HTTPS protocol is enforced while using JIRA Send To action.
- Fixed an issue where print dialogs could be displayed during scans.
- Fixed a form authentication issue where the last form authentication sequence requests were prematurely cancelled.
Netsparker 22.214.171.12433 - 7th October 2016
- Fixed an issue where some scan files from older versions cannot be opened with the latest version.
- Fixed an issue with TFS Send To action when the project name contains spaces.
Netsparker 126.96.36.19992 - 5th October 2016
- Fixed an issue which prevents resource files (report templates, etc.) updates.
Netsparker 188.8.131.5281 - 3rd October 2016
NEW SECURITY CHECKS
- Improved XSS security checks coverage.
- Improved the Report Policy Editor.
- Improved the default filename of generated exploits.
- Renamed "Permanent XSS" vulnerability to "Stored XSS".
- Authentication credentials are now stored encrypted in profile files.
- Increased the number of vulnerabilities for which the scanner highlights the text related to the vulnerability in the HTTP response viewer.
- Added an option to follow redirects for the HTTP Request Builder.
- Added auto completion support to Scan Policy > Headers grid for well-known request headers.
- Added the version information of Netsparker to the reports.
- Added type ahead search functionality for Scan Policy > Security Checks.
- Added HTTP methods to AJAX / XML HTTP Requests knowledgebase section.
- Added editing support for imported links.
- Optimized the performance of SOAP web service parsing by skipping the WSDLs that are already parsed.
- Added Scan Policy > Crawling options to enable/disable parsing of SOAP and REST web services.
- Improved HTTP request logging by splitting log files once a certain amount of requests are logged.
- Improved DOM simulation by simulating "contextmenu" events.
- Added "Attacked Parameters" column to "Scanned URLs List" report.
- Improved Manual Crawl (Proxy Mode) feature to work as passive and not re-issue the requests made during manual crawl phase.
- Increased the default values for "Maximum Page Visit" and "Max. Number of Parameters to Attack on a Single Page" settings.
- Improved XML parsing during crawling by parsing empty XML elements as parameters too.
- Added the ability to attack parameter names.
- Added a note to vulnerability detail for non-exploitable frame injection.
- Added .jhtml and .jsp attacks to file upload engine.
- Improved CORS security checks.
- Improved Open Redirect engine to detect CNAME injection such as example.com.r87.com.
- Added tooltips for long texts shown on activity dashboard.
- Added current DOM XSS attack information to activity pane.
- Improved XSS confirmation for vulnerabilities found inside noscript tags.
- Added a new method (Vulnerability.GetTemplateSections) for reporting API to be able to get vulnerability template section content separately.
- Added an attack pattern to the command injection engine to bypass whitespace filtering using $IFS environment variable.
- Added /resumescan parameter to command line options to resume the loaded scan.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect PHP source code disclosures are reported for some binary responses.
- Fixed the position of clipped auto update notification.
- Fixed the broken External Reference link on Remote Code Evaluation (PHP) vulnerability.
- Fixed a file upload input DOM parsing issue which prevents some file upload attacks.
- Fixed an issue where switching between builder and raw tabs causes POST parameter to be removed on Request Builder.
- Fixed the duplicate log printed for same WSDLs.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException thrown when the Request Builder fails to make a request with the current SecurityProtocol setting.
- Fixed the blurred message dialog icons on high DPI screens.
- Fixed various navigation issues of Previous and Next buttons on HTTP Response viewer.
- Fixed the missing GET parameter request builder issue occurs when a full querystring/URL attack request is sent.
- Fixed a form authentication issue occurs on web sites that opens popups during form authentication sequence.
- Fixed a DOM simulation issue occurs when there is a form element with name "action" on target web page.
- Fixed the duplicate cookie issue occurs while using Manual Crawling (Proxy Mode) scanning feature.
- Fixed duplicate "Email Address Disclosure" reporting issue.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException on occurs during CORS security checks.
- Fixed an issue where current OS UI language was not being selected automatically upon first start.
- Fixed a CSRF exploit generation issue where the generated file is empty.
- Fixed an issue where injection/identification responses are unable to display for file upload vulnerability.
- Fixed an issue where XSS vulnerability is missed when multiple redirects occur.
- Fixed a text parsing issue where relative URLs were not supported as base href values.
- Fixed an issue where Missing X-Frame-Options Header vulnerability is reported even though ALLOW-FROM is included in the header.
- Fixed an XSS attacking issue where duplicate attacks are made for same payload.
- Fixed a Header Injection attack issue where first line of the HTTP request gets corrupted on full URL attacks.
- Fixed an issue where post exploitation does not work sometimes.
- Fixed a form authentication issue where any slash character in credentials cannot be used.
Netsparker 184.108.40.20635 - 26th July 2016
- Fixed an issue in which Netsparker crashes when using the Korean interface and trying to start a scan or load a scan file.
Netsparker 220.127.116.1114 - 13th July 2016
- Fixed a NullReferenceException thrown during late confirmation.
- Fixed an incorrect crawling activity reported on scan summary dashboard UI while performing a passive analysis of an attack response.
- Fixed a Request Builder issue where response is incorrectly reported as binary.
- Fixed a Request Builder issue where "Enable Raw Request Body" option is initially selected when a GET request is dropped on the builder.
Netsparker 18.104.22.16862 - 30nd June 2016
- Added the HTTP Request Builder penetration testing tool.
- Added a button on start new scan dialog to open target URL on default web browser.
- Added a new activity type group called "Passive Analysis" which shows the analysis activity of attack responses.
- Improved the "HTML Base Tag Hijacking" vulnerability template.
- Improved the long-term memory usage of the DOM simulation and cross-site scripting (XSS) scanning.
- DOM simulation smart filtering now prunes unnecessary DOM branches.
- Improved the detection of "Redirect Body Too Large" vulnerability.
- Fixed an issue in which the editing of a report policy can cause some external references to be removed unintentionally.
- Fixed an issue in which multiple tabs on the web browser could be opened while trying to open a vulnerability URL.
- Fixed a comparison report issue in which charts were not being generated according to selected report policy.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException that can be thrown by the Subresource integrity security checks.
- Fixed a report policy editor bug where clicking check all/none affects the vulnerability types that are not currently displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the vulnerability types disabled on current report policy were affecting the number of vulnerability count on "Issues" panel title.
Netsparker 22.214.171.12451 - 22nd June 2016
- Improved the automatic form authentication script to click "button" HTML elements if no suitable button is found.
- Fixed the clipped dialog buttons on "Report Policy Editor".
- Fixed the incompatibility issues of "Report Policy Editor" on some Windows 8/8.1 systems with Internet Explorer 10.
- Fixed a Report Policy issue where a vulnerability hidden from a scan was still not being displayed when a report is generated using the Default Report Policy.
- Fixed scope related bugs in SRI checks.