Netsparker 184.108.40.20690 - 13th September 2017
- Improved the form authentication element click API by providing the mouse coordinates.
- Fixed an object leak causing performance issues during scans.
- Fixed a backup file check where scan policy selections were not honoured.
- Fixed the broken Basic, NTLM/Kerberos "Test Credentials" button.
- Fixed the unencrypted credentials saved with profile files.
- Fixed the broken email disclosure detection which was not able to match multiple emails.
Netsparker 220.127.116.1147 - 24th August 2017
- New Basic, NTLM, Digest and Kerberos authentication settings to support multiple credentials for different URL paths.
NEW SECURITY CHECKS
- Checks for default pages of IIS 10.0, 8.5, 7.5, 7.0 web servers.
- Checks for WordPress Setup Configuration File.
- Remote Code Execution checks for Node.js on Windows.
- Improved Local File Inclusion (LFI) attack patterns.
- Improved DOM XSS attack patterns.
- Improved Blind Command Injection detection on Linux systems.
- Added response compression and length information to HTTP Request Builder.
- Displaying times in 24-hour format on scan reports.
- Improved the performance of email address disclosure detection.
- Improved the performance of database connection string disclosure detection.
- Improved the performance of RoR database configuration detection.
- Improved "Enter Links" dialog by adding format selection for all the supported import formats.
- Added parameter type information to nodes on "Issues" panel.
- Improved scan import performance significantly.
- Added context menu item for sitemap root node to open the scan folder.
- Improved resource finder to find more hidden resources.
- Time zone information added to reports.
- Improved support for simulating customized select elements.
- Improved NTLM, Digest and Kerberos authentication support.
- Improved DOM simulation stability and performance.
- Added the list of URLs that do not match the rewrite rules on URL Rewrite knowledge base.
- Added number of links that match to a URL Rewrite rule on URL Rewrite knowledge base.
- Added out of scope links count information to the knowledge base.
- Improved the default parameter name list for Parameter Based Navigation.
- Added NTLM and Digest authentication support to the generated sqlmap and cURL commands.
- Improved boolean and blind SQL injection checks for MySQL databases.
- Improved blind SQL injection checks for PostgreSQL databases.
- Added excluded URLs list to the detailed scan report.
- Improved reflected and stored XSS detection.
- HSTS checks now reports missing preload directives.
- Updated Korean translation.
- Added XML report types for Crawled URLs List and Scanned URLs List reports.
- Added toolbar to open and copy URLs for Browser View tab.
- Improved JSON response parsing.
- Improved DOM based XSS payloads by prepending a URL to referer to make it practically work on web browsers.
- Improved email disclosure checks by checking host names against to public suffix list.
- Fixed the error caused by null bytes in attack patterns while sending vulnerabilities to JIRA.
- Fixed an incorrect "Password Transmitted over HTTP" issue for relative URLs on pages redirected to HTTPS addresses.
- Fixed the NullReferenceException thrown while importing certain HAR (HTTP Archive) files.
- Fixed the missing activities while performing a controlled scan.
- Fixed the missing DOM parsing activity when "Override Target URL with authenticated page" option is selected.
- Fixed the incorrect total security check count while performing controlled scans on activity list.
- Fixed incorrect "Interesting Header" report for Content-Security-Policy header.
- Fixed the redundant extra headers added to requests while using request builder.
- Fixed the disabled "Start Proxy" button when Netsparker is opened after an application crash.
- Fixed directory listing is not reported issues on some IIS versions.
- Fixed page break issues on reports.
- Fixed the issue where comments in CSS files are not parsed.
- Fixed the incorrect URL found in CSS comments.
- Fixed incorrect CSRF vulnerability reports by taking hidden token input into account.
- Fixed an IndexOutOfRangeException caused by CSP checks.
- Fixed the signature pattern which fails to match "Programming Error Message (PHP)" in multiple lines.
- Fixed markdown XSS attack patterns causing incorrect findings.
- Fixed the double quote encoding issue on generated sqlmap commands.
- Fixed incorrect "Interesting Header" reports for some headers.
- Fixed the incorrect http protocol displayed for SSL vulnerabilities.
- Fixed the duplicate delete confirmation message while deleting the scan and report policies using a keyboard shortcut.
- Fixed an issue where DOM simulation is performed for checking XSS once per XPath.
- Fixed the incorrect progress report during controlled scans.
- Fixed the encoding issue on reported DOM XSS stack traces.
- Fixed the highlighting issue of multiple custom data reported on vulnerabilities.
- Fixed the incorrect rows deleted issue when multiple rows are selected on imported links section.
- Fixed the incorrect behaviour of move up/down controls on custom URL rewrite section.
- Fixed the maximum crawled URL limit exceeded issue.
- Fixed duplicate resource finder requests.
- Fixed CSS escaping in CSS selector generation.
- Fixed the failing error report when the unexpected exception title is too long.
- Fixed the WADL import issue where the operation fails for responses with no status codes.
- Fixed incorrect HttpOnly reports of XSRF-TOKEN cookies, due to its nature these cookies must be accessed from JS code.
- Fixed incorrect cURL and sqlmap commands when basic authentication is used.
- Fixed the incorrect missing object-src report on CSP checks.
- Fixed an issue where default crawled value is double-encoded instead of single.
- Fixed the problem where the unique links added twice while importing Postman files.
- Fixed the "Property set method not found" that occurs while using FogBugz send to action
- Fixed the missing content for Site Profile section of Knowledge Base report.
- Fixed "The selected task no longer exists." error when trying to run a scheduled scan on some Windows machines.
Netsparker 18.104.22.16874 - 19th July 2017
- Enhanced and fixed several DOM simulations.
- Removed redundant SSL logs caused by HSTS security checks.
- Improved localization capabilities of Report Policy Editor.
Netsparker 22.214.171.12401 - 12th of June 2017
- Manual Crawling (Proxy Mode) now supports protocols like TLS 1.1 and 1.2.
- Added scan policy settings for CSRF security checks.
- Added ability to use custom HTTP headers during scan.
- Added /generatereport CLI argument for report generation from scan session files.
- Added hex editor view for requests on request builder.
- Added attacking optimization option for recurring parameters on different pages.
NEW SECURITY CHECKS
- Added Referrer Policy security checks.
- Added markdown injection XSS patterns.
- Added HostIP and IPv6 patterns to MySQL and SSH SSRF security checks.
- Added Database Name Disclosure security checks for MS SQL and MySQL.
- Added Remote Code Evaluation (Node.js) security checks.
- Added SSRF detection with server-status.
- Added user controllable cookie detection.
- Added Context-Aware XSS detection by generating XSS payloads based on the reflected context without breaking it.
- Updated the links to several external references.
- Added cancellation of ongoing attack activities when excluded from site map.
- Added exploitation for XXE vulnerabilities.
- Added DOM simulation options to scan policy optimizer wizard.
- Improved Mixed Content vulnerability reporting by separating them according to resource types.
- Improved the CSS query selector generation on form authentication custom script dialog.
- Improved boolean SQL injection detection for redirect responses.
- Improved WSDL parsing for files that contain optional extensions.
- Added current scan profile, scan policy and report policy names to status bar.
- Improved .sql file detection signature.
- Improved the highlighting of patterns on HTTP responses.
- Added extra confirmation for weak credentials detection.
- Added POST parameters to crawling activities on scan activity list.
- Added scan policy option to allow XHR requests during DOM simulation.
- Added response statistics to request builder.
- Added form value for password input types to default scan policy.
- Added status column to the request history in request builder.
- Improved the send to JIRA error message.
- Added maximum number of option elements per select element to simulate scan policy setting.
- Added filter 'colon' events scan policy option to filter events that contain colon character in its name during DOM simulation.
- Improved error based SQLi exploitation by generating prefix/suffix dynamically.
- Improved command injection vulnerability detection by prepending original parameter value to attack payload.
- Improved LFI vulnerability detection by detecting HTML and URL encoded PHP source codes.
- Fixed the incorrect imported link count when search panel is active on the grid view.
- Fixed the "Open in Browser" context menu action broken for root nodes on site map.
- Fixed the undefined password value issue on form authentication custom script dialog.
- Fixed an issue where error based SQLi confirmation is done based on the first seen database signature when multiple signatures appear in source code.
- Fixed the duplicate import link issue.
- Fixed request builder issues on parsing query string and encoding.
- Fixed a request builder issue where the error dialog should not be shown while switching tabs if the raw request is empty.
- Fixed an issue where XSS is missed when injected payload is not executed due to a syntax error.
- Fixed the broken custom cookie issue where the custom cookie is not sent for imported scan files.
- Fixed crawling of URLs on pages where base element points to some other URL.
- Fixed some missing vulnerabilities on site map.
- Fixed the slow performing certificate load operation on start new scan dialog.
- Fixed the incorrect vulnerability severity counts on bar chart and status bar.
- Fixes an issue where blacklisted Netsparker attacks prevent further source code disclosures in HTML response.
- Fixed the splash screen which stays open when Netsparker is started from command line.
- Fixed the focus stealing issue when HTML response contains the autofocus attribute.
- Fixed missing response on request builder when the request is loaded from history list.
- Fixed issues where empty POST parameter is imported and headers added as disabled for Postman files.
- Fixed an issue where signature fails to match MS SQL username in error messages.
- Fixed an issue where vulnerability is missed because of that not appending arbitrary value to extra querystring parameter name.
Netsparker 126.96.36.19976 - 6th April 2017
New Security Check
- Added new vulnerability checks for Apache Struts framework vulnerabilities.
- Added JSON format option for "Crawled URL(s) List", "Scanned URL(s) List" and "Vulnerabilities List" report templates.
- Improved Blind SQL Injection detection for MySQL databases.
- Fixed the incorrect weak signature algorithms reported for root certificates.
- Fixed the broken editing capabilities on report policy editor.
- Fixed the empty activity list issue during scans.
- Fixed the missing custom cookie issue on imported scans.
Netsparker 188.8.131.5204 - 16th March 2017
New Security Checks
- New security check that detects insecure targets in Content Security Policy.
- Added checks for exposure of trace.axd in ASP.NET applications.
- New security check for Time Based Server-Side Request Forgery.
- Added Markdown Injection attack pattern to XSS engine.
- Added a Code Evaluation check for Apache Struts framework.
- Improved Boolean SQL Injection detection.
- Updated the Local File Inclusion vulnerability classifications.
- Improved Trace/Track security checks.
- Improved coverage of XSS engine in redirects.
- Added policy optimization support for SSRF security checks.
- Added exploit generation support for "Cross-site Scripting via Remote File Inclusion" vulnerability.
- Improved form authentication logout detection by ignoring the responses of some attacks to prevent incorrect logout detections.
- Added type ahead search box for Security Check Groups on Scan Policy Editor.
- Added "Send to Request Builder" context menu item for activities on scan activity pane.
- Added input validation for placeholder patterns on Custom URL rewrite grid.
- Added scheduling support for Incremental Scan feature.
- Added the number of crawled links next to scanned host names on sitemap tree.
- Improved code generation for form authentication custom scripts.
- Improved proxy options UI. Now proxy address inputs can be pasted along with user credentials and port.
- Added VDB support to Blind & Boolean SQLi post exploitation.
- Added an info message to Browser View tab that tells this view is a limited preview.
- Added file parameter type support to Request Builder.
- Added support for multiple report exporting to Scheduled Scans.
- Added the number of vulnerability severities of current scan to status bar.
- Added Copy URL and Copy as cURL context menu items to Imported Links grid.
- Added pause scan button to interactive login dialog.
- Improved sqlmap command generation by adding database server type parameter.
- Start New Scan dialog is made resizable.
- Added Search feature to Imported Links.
- Added Cancel button for Request Builder.
- Added support for checking Open Redirection vulnerability on Refresh response header.
- Added the XPath information of the element that causes the DOM XSS vulnerability.
- Added "Sub Path Max Dynamic Signatures" setting for Heuristic URL Rewrite detection.
- Added database specific queries for the selected SQLi vulnerability on exploitation panel.
- Added finding vulnerabilities which sink into window.name capability for DOM XSS security checks.
- Improved coverage of Local File Inclusion engine so that a vulnerability can be found in a full url attack.
- Fixed several issues related to DOM parsing and simulation.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException thrown by HTTP Methods checks.
- Fixed a StackOverflowException caused by JSON responses with too many nested elements.
- Fixed PoC generation during post exploitation for time based SQLi checks.
- Fixed incorrect bearer token log message on verify dialog even when bearer token detection is disabled.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException while confirming a Boolean SQLi vulnerability.
- Fixed several issues related with splash screen to make sure it is hidden when the application is loaded.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException thrown by logout detection while trying to close the application.
- Fixed an issue where scan is paused when an additional host is unreachable.
- Fixed an issue where the new link nodes added under an excluded branch on sitemap tree were not excluded.
- Fixed the misleading message that is shown when a manual crawling scan is started, Form Authentication feature no more requires installing a certificate to your computer.
- Fixed IndexOutOfRangeException thrown while trying to open Scan Policy Editor dialog if the UI language is set to Korean.
- Fixed keyboard tab order on Form Authentication settings.
- Fixed an issue where injection HTTP response displays an empty string because deserialized file does not contain the HTML response of the attack.
- Fixed typos in CSP vulnerability templates.
- Fixed the broken impacts table on Executive Summary Report PDF when the table spans 2 pages.
- Fixed several issues related with report policy naming when the name is invalid or too long.
- Fixed generated blank pages on PDF reports.
- Fixed OperationCanceledException thrown during extra confirmation.
- Fixed UI glitches on form authentication Custom Script dialog caused when splitters are resized.
- Fixed several Request Builder issues.
- Fixed Test Credentials button on basic authentication settings which does not send Authorization request header if Do Not Expect Challange check box is checked.
- Fixed the ignored email are still reported on knowledge base issue.
- Fixed a bug where double encoded attacks are not exploitable in browser when proof URL is clicked.
- Fixed an issue where source code disclosure is reported in JS and CSS files.
- Fixed an SQL exploitation issue where executing a SQL query which expects an integer result is no longer giving failure for PostgreSQL database.
- Fixed a Text Parser issue where single quote characters were being captured as part of links.
- Fixed the incorrect path disclosure caused by the Shellshock attack.
- Fixed a TargetInvocationException thrown when a new license is trying to be loaded using Help > Load New License menu item.
- Fixed missing SSRF proofs under Proofs knowledge base.
- Fixed an ArgumentException thrown by DOM XSS checks when the web site is crawled using manual crawling mode.
- Fixed incorrect encoded parameter names for multipart/form-data forms.
- Fixed the incorrect auto update notification even when you have a more up-to-date version of the application.
- Fixed the large right margin on Knowledge Base Report (PDF) summary page.
- Fixed the splash screen that is shown in front of the trial popup message.
- Fixed the performance issues of recrawling related to DOM XSS checks on web sites with lots of links.
- Fixed the incorrect CR LF encoding issues on proof URLs.
- Fixed a retest issue where all parameters of the link were being retested whereas only the vulnerable parameter must be retested.
- Fixed the visual glitch occurs on Imported Links section upon importing new links.
- Fixed an issue where stored XSS vulnerability is reported in an XHR response rather than in the page itself which makes XHR request.
- Fixed an issue where Boolean SQLi vulnerability is missed due to crawled parameter value.
- Fixed an issue where reflected XSS vulnerability is missed because the reflected payload is HTML encoded in an attribute.
Netsparker 184.108.40.20634 - 16th February 2017
- Fixed a Web App Fingerprinter issue causing degraded performance.
Netsparker 220.127.116.1188 - 14th February 2017
- Fixed a form authentication issue where the URL in Location response header is followed even if status code is not a redirection status code.
Netsparker 18.104.22.16881 - 8th February 2017
- Fixed an issue on Custom Form Authentication script editor where an extra header sent causing some pages not to load.
- Fixed a form authentication issue where cookies with same names were not updated.
- Fixed an issue where vulnerability is not reported due to XML Content-Type which exploitation might not be possible.
- Fixed a compatibility issue occurs while trying to load an old scan session file.
Netsparker 22.214.171.12494 - 31st January 2017
- Fixed clipped Scan Policy Editor dialog issue on high DPI display settings.
Netsparker 126.96.36.19972 - 27th January 2017
- Fixed an InvalidOperationException which occurs on some specific setups.
- Fixed several scan activity list issues and enhanced performance.
Netsparker 188.8.131.5253 - 19th January 2017
- Added CVSS information to more vulnerabilities.
- Updated vulnerability database.
- Fixed a crash which occurs when too many elements are nested in the HTTP response.
- Fixed a text parsing issue where absolute URLs were converted to invalid relative URLs.
- Fixed incorrect protocol detection for protocol-relative URLs.
Netsparker 184.108.40.20634 - 12th January 2017
- Included support for the Netsparker Hawk infrastructure for detection of SSRF and OOB vulnerabilities.
- Support for importation of Postman files.
- Added "Copy as cURL" context menu item to sitemap.
- Added "Copy sqlmap Payload" context menu item for SQL Injection vulnerabilities.
- Added HTTP request rate limiting options to Scan Policy.
- Added "Ignored Email Addresses" section for Scan Policy.
- Added accept and reject options for untrusted SSL certificates.
- Added an option to disable automatic detection of 404 error pages.
New Security Checks
- New security checks for Server Side Request Forgery (SSRF) vulnerability
- New security checks for out-of-band vulnerabilities such as OOB SQL Injection, OOB XXE, Blind XSS, OOB RCE, OOB RFI etc.
- Added "Missing object-src in CSP Declaration" vulnerability detection.
- Added "Apache Multiple Choices" vulnerability detection.
- Added "Stored DOM based XSS" vulnerability detection.
- Improved the message displayed when trying to open an invalid session file.
- Added /nopdf command line switch to prevent generating PDF reports while performing automated scans.
- Added AttackPattern.GetAllEngines() and AttackPattern.GetAllPatterns() methods to reporting API to get the list of engine and pattern IDs.
- Added "Test Credentials" support for Basic, NTLM/Kerberos authentication configuration screen.
- Added progress dialog for importing links.
- Improved the performance of several link importers.
- Added global proxy options under Tools > Options to configure an application wide proxy.
- Added "Bearer Token" support for form authentication.
- Added confirmation for Frame Injection vulnerabilities.
- Added http: and https: checks for CSP vulnerability detection.
- Improved link importers where redundant CONNECT requests are now excluded.
- Optimized attacker performance for links containing single parameter.
- Added SSL protocol selection for scan policies.
- Added context menu items to the Report Policy Editor to multiple selected vulnerabilities by severity.
- Optimized crawling parser by skipping DOM simulation on pages with static content.
- Improved coverage of CORS security check with extra attacks.
- Removed GWT attacks from file upload security checks.
- Improved DOM simulation performance.
- Improved CSS parsing which now follows CSS import directives.
- Improved coverage of open redirect security checks by adding/updating attacks patterns.
- Added support for "HTTP 410 Gone" and "HTTP 451 Unavailable For Legal Reasons" response status codes.
- Fixed an issue where a multiple cookies issue should not be reported.
- Fixed a JSON parsing issue with text parser.
- Fixed a request builder issue where the credentials on URL were not preserved.
- Fixed a request builder issue where the port number change is not reflected to raw request tab.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException which may have been thrown while closing the splash screen.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException which may have been thrown while updating activities on scan summary dashboard.
- Fixed clipped texts on several windows while using higher DPI settings.
- Fixed a request builder issue where the port on pasted URL is not parsed.
- Fixed a request builder issue where Cookie request header is not sent.
- Fixed a request builder issue where Cache-Control request header value was being duplicated.
- Fixed an HTTP response reading issue where the response could not be read when only BOM bytes are sent on first read attempt.
- Fixed the list on LFI exploitation panel where the same files were being duplicated.
- Fixed an issue in report policy editor that causes CVSS editing controls to disappear.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException on scan policy editor dialog thrown while clicking select inverse context menu on some security check groups.
- Fixed an issue where a false-positive file upload vulnerability might be reported.
- Fixed several DOM simulation issues on pages that have many iframe elements.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException while performing an internal MD5 encoding operation.
- Fixed an issue where the vulnerabilities found on a scan lingers to the next scan started.
- Fixed an encoding issue on a proof URL of an XSS vulnerability.
- Fixed a hang issue occurs when too many email addresses found on the response.
- Fixed an issue where "Shell Script Identified" vulnerability is not found when retested.
- Fixed a scan profile load issue occurs when a link with binary body is imported.
- Fixed the table layout on comparison report which was having too wide columns when the URLs were too long.
- Fixed the duplicate request issue on "AJAX / XML HTTP Requests" knowledge base report.
- Fixed URL parsing on pages where the URLs were containing whitespace characters like carriage return and line feeds.
- Fixed an ArgumentOutOfRangeException thrown while trying to match the redirected URL to configured logout detection pattern.
Netsparker 220.127.116.1178 - 11th November 2016
- Fixed a hang issue occurs on some configurations.
Netsparker 18.104.22.16800 - 2nd November 2016
- Fixed an issue that occurs during the attacking phase where all threads cannot be utilized.
- Fixed handling of blob: protocol on DOM simulation.
Netsparker 22.214.171.12482 - 1st November 2016
New Technical Check
- Improved the Content Security Policy (CSP) and "Misconfigured Access-Control-Allow-Origin Header" vulnerability templates.
- Improved CSP vulnerability detection by only reporting vulnerabilities on HTML resources.
- Team Foundation Server Send To action now populates severity and repro steps fields.
- Improved report generation dialog by remembering the last used settings separately for each report type.
- Added "Copy as cURL" context menu item to site map.
- Added support for HTTP POST method while using Open in Browser site map context menu option.
- Added support for attacking to User-Agent and Referer request headers.
- Improved scan session export dialog by suggesting default file names.
- Improved the coverage of the boolean SQL injection vulnerability engine.
- Improved GitHub send to configuration by check the existence of the specified repository.
- Fixed various encoding issues on request builder.
- Fixed the splash screen issue where it opens on wrong monitor on multi monitor setups.
- Fixed External CSS, Script and Frame knowledge base items which do not consider the port while performing checks.
- Fixed the missing method values on vulnerability summary table of reports.
- Fixed the missing dashboard statistics when a scan session is imported.
- Fixed the site map Copy URL issue for some nodes which were missing URL information.
- Fixed a hang that may occur when windows gets locked, goes to sleep or hibernation.
- Fixed an issue with auto save where scan is not saved during the extra confirmation phase.
- Fixed an issue in open redirect detection where incorrect URLs may also be reported.
- Fixed the zero progress bar issue on loaded scan files.
- Fixed various CSP vulnerability highlight issues.
- Fixed an issue related with form authentication which prevents logout detection during attacking phase.
- Fixed an issue related with temp file generation.
- Fixed an Local File Inclusion vulnerability detection issue when attacked with a FullUrl payload.
- Fixed an extra tab on Scanned URLs List (CSV) report template.
- Fixed the size of scan policy editor dialog on screens with high DPI.
- Fixed the incorrect severity icon on site map when a vulnerability is selected.
- Fixed an incorrect retest result occurs when the target web site is not reachable.
- Fixed a CSP vulnerability issue for deprecated CSP header name on meta tags.
- Fixed the remaining registry keys after uninstall.
Netsparker 126.96.36.19984 - 21st October 2016
- Improved vulnerability templates.
- Added support for sending vulnerabilities to JIRA when JIRA is homed at a path instead of the root.
- Added support for detecting requests made to blob-schemed URIs during DOM simulation.
- Fixed missing external references on some vulnerability templates.
Netsparker 188.8.131.5277 - 12th October 2016
- Fixed the issue where HTTPS protocol is enforced while using JIRA Send To action.
- Fixed an issue where print dialogs could be displayed during scans.
- Fixed a form authentication issue where the last form authentication sequence requests were prematurely cancelled.
Netsparker 184.108.40.20633 - 7th October 2016
- Fixed an issue where some scan files from older versions cannot be opened with the latest version.
- Fixed an issue with TFS Send To action when the project name contains spaces.
Netsparker 220.127.116.1192 - 5th October 2016
- Fixed an issue which prevents resource files (report templates, etc.) updates.