Website groups can be managed from the Groups sidebar menu. You can use Groups in Netsparker Enterprise to group a number of websites in order to ease the management of multiple websites and scans. Websites Group scans can also be scheduled, just like individual website security scans.
By grouping websites you can:
- Scan all websites in a group simultaneously, using the same Scan Policy
- Get an overview of the security state of all websites in that group
- Filter the list of websites by group
- Assign permissions to users by group
For example, you can group websites depending on their location, state or importance. Here are two practical examples:
- Staging vs Live Environments
- Locations of Websites
Example 1: Staging vs Live Environments
You can use Netsparker Enterprise to scan web applications during the different stages of development, and once they are live. Since you probably use different Scan Policies, you can group all the staging and live websites in different groups. This enables you to scan all live websites simultaneously using a specific Scan Policy or scan all the websites on the staging server using another Scan Policy.
Example 2: Locations of Websites
Since there are many differences between the US and EU laws, it is common to have the US and EU based websites running under different configurations. And since you have to use different scan policies, you can use Website Groups to scan all the websites in a specific location.
Multiple and Default Groups
Websites can be included in more than one Website Group, for example:
- Company website (US, Critical groups)
- Staging Company website (US, Staging, Non Critical groups)
- Europe Employees Online Portal (EMEA, Critical groups)
By default your Netsparker Enterprise account has a built-in group called Default. This group cannot be deleted, and unless you specify otherwise, new websites you add to your Netsparker Enterprise account will be automatically added to the Default group.
How to Create a Website Group
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise.
- From the main menu, select Websites > New Group.
- In the Name field, enter a Group name.
- In the Description field, enter information for the website
- In the Website Group Tags field, enter tags
- In the Websites field, check display option.
- Select those websites you want included in the group.
- Select Save.
How to Add a Website to a Group
- From the main menu, select Websites > Websites.
- From the Websites window, select the Edit button beside the website you want to add to a group.
- In the Website Groups field, check the group to which you want to add the website.
- Select Save.
How to Edit a Website Group
- From the main menu, select Websites > Manage Groups.
- From the Website groups window, select the Edit button beside the group you want to edit.
- Make whatever edits you want.
- Select Save.
Overview of the Security State of Websites in a Group
To get an overview of the security state of all websites in a particular group, navigate to the Netsparker Enterprise dashboard and use the groups drop-down menu to select the group.
Once you select the group the Netsparker Enterprise dashboard will be updated to reflect the security state of all the websites in the chosen group.