Netsparker Enterprise is available as both an On-Demand and On-Premises solution.
The On-Premises solution runs on your servers and network, so you need to update it manually when there is an update. Updating it lets you scan your web application with new security checks and improvements against the latest threats to security.
This topic explains how to update Netsparker Enterprise On-Premises. In order to install and configure the On-Premises, see Installing and Configuring Netsparker Enterprise On-Premises.
While updating Netsparker Enterprise On-Premises, it is recommended to pause any scans.
To receive updates, you may need to whitelist www.netsparker.com
.NET framework 4.7.2 is required for the latest update. The installers will configure .NET Framework 4.7.2 if it's not available on the target system.
How to Update Netsparker Enterprise On-Premises
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise
- In the Global Dashboard, click Download the latest update. The download will begin automatically.
- From the download location, extract the .zip file to a directory. Make sure the following files appear in the extracted folder.
- WebAppSetup.exe (NC Application installer)
- AgentSetup.exe (NC Agent installer)
- AuthVerifierSetup.exe (NC Authentication Verifier installer)
- Run the WebAppSetup.exe file. The Netsparker Enterprise Web Application Setup wizard is displayed and opens at the Ready to Install step.
- Click Install. The Installing Netsparker Enterprise Web Application step is displayed. Wait.
- The Completing the Netsparker Enterprise Web Application Setup Wizard step is displayed.
- Click Finish.
- Now, update the Netsparker Agent. To do this, there are two alternatives:
- You can run the AgentSetup.exe file and follow the onscreen instructions to update the Agent.
- Or, you can follow these instructions:
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise.
- From the main menu, click Agents, then Manage Agents. The Agents window is displayed.
- From the Commands drop-down, click Update Agent. The Update Agent window is displayed.
- Click Yes. Once the agent is updated, Netsparker Enterprise will notify you.
The agent can auto update itself if you enabled the Enable Auto Update in the Commands drop-down. For further information, see Agents in Netsparker Enterprise On-Premises.
- Now, run the AuthVerifierSetup.exe file and follow the onscreen instructions to update the Authentication Verifier.
Once you updated all these files, you can start using Netsparker Enterprise On-Premises. There is no additional step to re-configure the new version.
You can check the Netsparker Enterprise's version from the About available under [Your Name] (top right of window).