Ensuring that the notifications work is very important, especially if you are using them to be notified of possible critical vulnerabilities on a live web application. You can do a dry run and test the notifications from the Test Notification node in the Notifications menu.
How to Test a Notification
- From the main menu, click Notifications, then Test Notifications.
- From the Event dropdown, select an event.
- In the Group Scan field:
- Select No, if you want to test a single website (this displays the Website dropdown)
- Select Yes, if you want to test a group (this displays the Website Group dropdown)
- From the Website dropdown, select a website
- From the Website Group dropdown, select a group.
- From the User dropdown, select the user.
- Click Test.
- The Test Result is displayed.
- Once a dry run of the notification is complete, the results will highlight the matching rule, and the recipients will be notified by email and SMS.