Attackers can use these out-of-date technologies to attack your web application, as some of them may have known vulnerabilities or bugs. Companies release patches to fix these issues. If they remain unpatched, attackers can easily exploit them.
Once the scan is completed, all Site Profile information is listed under the Site Profile node in the Knowledge Base. You can access the same information in the Knowledge Base Report and Knowledge Base Tab.
Netsparker forms Knowledge Base nodes on its findings. However, if the target web application does not expose its fingerprint, no site profile will be built and therefore the Site Profile node will not be displayed.
For further information, see Knowledge Base Nodes.
How to View the Site Profile Node in Netsparker Enterprise
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then Recent Scans. The Recent Scans window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant website, click Report.
- From the Technical Report section, click the Knowledge Base tab.
- Click the Site Profile node. The information is displayed in a Site Profile tab.
How to View the Site Profile Node in Netsparker Standard
- Open Netsparker Standard
- Start a Scan or open a previously saved scan.
- The Knowledge Base is displayed on the right of the Scan Summary Dashboard. (If it is hidden, display it again using the Knowledge Base icon on the View tab on the ribbon. Alternatively, click the Reset Layout icon on the View tab, then close the Activity/Progress/Logs panes to give maximum viewing space.)
- Ensure that the Knowledge Base Viewer is also displayed. (If it is hidden, you can display it again using the Knowledge Base Viewer button on the View tab. You may also want to close the Activity/Progress/Logs panes.)
- Click the Site Profile node in the Knowledge Base. All detected Site Profile information is displayed in the Knowledge Base Viewer.