The Scan Performance node provides detailed information regarding procedures, such as crawling, attacks performed (e.g. SQL injection) and the time Netsparker allocated for these procedures.
Netsparker enables you to start scanning web applications immediately after selecting scan settings. You can configure the scan options to tweak your scan, which can affect the scan performance. (In addition, the hardware that Netsparker Standard edition is running on, and the network bandwidth among other factors, can also affect the scan performance.)
To enable you to examine these details, Netsparker provides them in the Knowledge Base panel. You can view the Source, Execution Count, Total Elapsed, and Average to provide a clearer picture of the scan. You can examine how much Netsparker spent on crawling or attacking, or SQL Injection, for example.
Once the scan is completed, all scan performance information is listed under the Scan Performance node in the Knowledge Base. You can access the same information in the Knowledge Base Report and Knowledge Base Tab.
Netsparker forms Knowledge Base nodes based on its findings. The Scan Performance Node is listed for every scan.
For further information, see Knowledge Base Nodes.
How to View the Scan Performance Node in Netsparker Enterprise
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then Recent Scans. The Recent Scans window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant website, click Report.
- From the Technical Report section, click the Knowledge Base tab.
- Click the Scan Performance node. The information is displayed in a Scan Performance tab.
How to View the Scan Performance Node in Netsparker Standard
- Open Netsparker Standard
- Start a Scan or open a previously saved scan.
- The Knowledge Base is displayed on the right of the Scan Summary Dashboard. (If it is hidden, display it again using the Knowledge Base icon on the View tab on the ribbon. Alternatively, click the Reset Layout icon on the View tab, then close the Activity/Progress/Logs panes to give maximum viewing space.)
- Ensure that the Knowledge Base Viewer is also displayed. (If it is hidden, you can display it again using the Knowledge Base Viewer button on the View tab. You may also want to close the Activity/Progress/Logs panes.)
- Click the Scan Performance node in the Knowledge Base. All Scan Performance information is displayed in the Knowledge Base Viewer.