Integrating Netsparker with an issue tracking system means that you can have vulnerabilities that have been identified during a web application security scan automatically created as issues in your existing issue tracking system. This integration allows you to import identified vulnerabilities as issues with just a few mouse clicks. Currently, Netsparker supports out-of-the-box integration for multiple Issue Tracking Systems.
- First, before configuring notifications, you must define a new integration. Otherwise, the Integration Endpoint field will not be visible to you. See Integrating Netsparker Enterprise with an Issue Tracking System for details on how to do this.
- This type of integration in Netsparker Enterprise is called Endpoint Integration.
Notifications can also be used to automatically send email and SMS alerts when vulnerabilities are identified on the target website (see Managing Notifications).
In this example, we will only configure a notification for a PHP project. The steps for creating a notification for an ASP project are the same.
How to Configure a Notification to Report Vulnerabilities to an Issue Tracking System
- From the main menu, click Notifications, then New Notification.
- Complete the fields. (See How to Create a Notification.)
- When you reach the Integration Endpoints field, enter the name of the system to which you want to report vulnerabilities. (In this example, the system is called GitLab.)
- Click Save.