Not Founds in the Knowledge Base provides a sample list of 404 errors found in the target web application. The HTTP 404 error message is a response code to show that the server could not find the requested web page.
Netsparker works by crawling and attacking web applications to detect vulnerabilities. During crawling, it attempts to reach every link in the website and traverses web forms to access web pages that are typically only accessible once the form is submitted.
During this process, some web pages may return a 404 Error as Netsparker tries to find out some hidden resources using a reference list of the most common file and directory names. This error indicates that the server cannot find what the client has requested.
This is not a vulnerability. The scanner provides the list only to inform you that these pages are not reachable and therefore cannot be scanned. If you think that the list is incorrect, consider changing your Custom 404 settings in the Scan Policy.
Netsparker forms Knowledge Base nodes on its findings. If the Not Founds node is not listed, it means that Netsparker did not find any.
For further information, see Knowledge Base Nodes.
How to View the Not Founds Node in Netsparker Enterprise
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise.
- From the main menu, click Scans, then Recent Scans. The Recent Scans window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant website, click Report.
- From the Technical Report section, click the Knowledge Base tab.
- Click the Not Founds node. The information is displayed in a Not Founds tab.
How to View the Not Founds Node in Netsparker Standard
- Open Netsparker Standard
- Start a Scan or open a previously saved scan.
- The Knowledge Base is displayed on the right of the Scan Summary Dashboard. (If it is hidden, display it again using the Knowledge Base icon on the View tab on the ribbon. Alternatively, click the Reset Layout icon on the View tab, then close the Activity/Progress/Logs panes to give maximum viewing space.)
- Ensure that the Knowledge Base Viewer is also displayed. (If it is hidden, you can display it again using the Knowledge Base Viewer button on the View tab. You may also want to close the Activity/Progress/Logs panes.)
- Click the Not Founds node in the Knowledge Base. All detected Not Founds are displayed in the Knowledge Base Viewer.