There are three licenses, giving you access to one or both editions:
- Standard License: Netsparker Standard
- Team License: Netsparker Standard and Netsparker Enterprise (On-Demand)
- Enterprise: Netsparker Enterprise (Hosted or On-Premises)
Our Netsparker Pricing page lists the difference between them.
This topic explains how to get and manage Netsparker licenses.
- Every Netsparker license is allocated a quota of websites that can be scanned.
- Multiple licenses are available.
- Netsparker synchronizes the License Store with the License Servers every day. So, if there is an update on the license, you can simply deactivate and reactivate the license to get the updates, or wait until the next day for the changes to take place.
The Trial Evaluation period is 30 days. Using Trial Evaluation, you can only scan our test hosts, no other websites:
If you add purchased licenses to your License Store, your Trial Evaluation will disappear.
How to Get a Trial Evaluation
- Navigate to https://www.netsparker.com/get-demo/.
- Complete the form, and click GET DEMO. The Save As dialog is displayed. Enter a Save location for the installation file, and click Save.
- The Calendar window is displayed:
- Select a date and time. The Enter Details window is displayed.
- Enter your contact details, and click Schedule Event. A confirmation message is displayed.
- Check your Inbox for a calendar invitation for your Demo.
- Meanwhile, you can navigate to the Save location for the installation file, run the file and click Start Trial.
Activating Your Netsparker Licenses
This section explains how to get and activate Netsparker Licenses.
How to Get and Activate a Netsparker License
- Contact us at email@example.com.
- Our Sales team will help you with the purchase.
- For Netsparker Enterprise, register your new account using the Invitation link you were emailed. You can then set up individual users (see How to Add a Team Member).
- For Netsparker Standard, install it using the link you were emailed (see Installing Netsparker Standard). This email also includes the License Key to activate the license.
If you need additional licenses, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Your Netsparker Licenses
This section explains how to manage Netsparker licenses, including how to deactivate an active license and reactivate a deactivated license.
This table lists and explains the fields in the Subscriptions dialog.
This is the unique identifier of this license.
This is the total number of websites that can be added to Netsparker via this license.
This is the number of websites that have been added to Netsparker.
This indicates whether the license can be used or not. The setting is either Active or Inactive.
This is the date the license was issued.
This is the date the license will expire.
How to Manage Licenses in Netsparker Enterprise
From the main menu, click Account, then License. The Account License window is displayed, showing the Start and End Date and Website Limit.
How to Manage Licenses in Netsparker Standard
From the Help tab on the ribbon, click Subscriptions. The Subscriptions dialog is displayed, listing all purchased licenses. The Status of each license is displayed.
How to Activate a License in Netsparker Standard
- With the Subscriptions dialog open, click Add New License. The Activation dialog is displayed. Alternatively, select the relevant license, and click Activate. The License Required dialog is displayed.
- Enter the License Key you were issued by Netsparker and click Activate. The license can now be used. A brief success message is shown if the activation succeeds.
How to Deactivate a Netsparker License in Netsparker Standard
- With the Subscriptions dialog open, click Add New License. The Activation dialog is displayed.
- Select the relevant license, and click Deactivate. A brief success message is displayed if the deactivation succeeds.
Websites are automatically added to your license(s) before starting scans.
If you deactivate a license, you will be prompted to reallocate websites to licenses if there is space left on the remaining licenses.
How to Allocate Websites to Licenses
When you try to start a scan, you will be prompted with the Website Checker dialog which will check the accessibility of the websites you want to scan. After you have decided which hosts to be allocated, the selected hosts will be allocated on your available licenses. If you don't have enough website allocation slots available on your licenses, the allocation process will fail. After you have allocated a website to a license, when you try to scan that website, you won't be prompted with the allocation dialog again.
There are three stages to expiry:
When there are 45 days remaining on your Netsparker Standard license, this message will be displayed every time you open the application. The numbers of days left until the license is due for renewal will be displayed.
The number of days left is also displayed on the ribbon.
When there are 0 days remaining on your Netsparker Standard license, this message, stating that your license has expired and Netsparker will be locked, will be displayed every time you open the application and every time you start a scan. The number of days left until you lose access to Netsparker will be displayed.
Once you have reached the Expiry stage, you no longer have access to Netsparker Standard. If you try to open Netsparker Standard, the Activate New License will be displayed.
- License Keys must be activated before Netsparker Standard can be launched.
- For Netsparker Standard, it is not possible to copy a license from one PC to another. If you want to do this, you must deactivate the license first. Then you can activate the license on your new PC from your License Store. If you have run out of licenses completely, contact email@example.com to purchase more.
- It is possible to have a license remotely deactivated.
Moving and Backing Up Netsparker Standard Settings
When moving Netsparker Standard web application security scanner from one computer to another, you need to move both the license key and the settings.
This section refers to versions prior to Netsparker Standard 5.0.
How to Move or Back Up Netsparker Standard Settings
- First, locate the scanner’s settings, which are stored in a directory called 'Netsparker', located in your user profile's Documents directory: C:\Users\[user]\Documents\Netsparker
- This directory contains several subdirectories, for example:
- The Policies subdirectory is where Scan Policies are stored
- The Profiles subdirectory is where Scan Profiles are stored
- The Scans subdirectory is where Scans are stored