Integrating Netsparker Enterprise with Jira means that you can have vulnerabilities identified during a web application security scan automatically created as issues in your issue tracking system.
Netsparker Enterprise has out of box support for resolving and reactivating JIRA issues according to the scan results, in addition to automatic issue creation. Netsparker Enterprise uses user provided resolved and reopened statuses in JIRA for this purpose.
To enhance issue synchronization support, Netsparker Enterprise also offers webhook support. This enables you to detect any status changes JIRA issues opened by Netsparker Enterprise.
- Netsparker Enterprises generates a Webhook URL after you save your integration settings. When you register this link as a webhook in your JIRA Project, and enter your preferred resolved and reopen statuses, you will complete Netsparker Enterprise issue synchronization for your integration.
- When you change your JIRA issue’s status to your preferred resolved status, your Netsparker Enterprise issue is automatically marked as Fixed (Unconfirmed) and a retest scan is started. And, when you change your JIRA issue’s status to your preferred reopened status, your corresponding Netsparker Enterprise issue is automatically marked as revived.
For further information, see Integrating Netsparker Enterprise with an Issue Tracking System.
How to Register Netsparker Enterprise JIRA Integration Webhook
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise.
- From the main menu, click Integrations, then Manage Integrations, and next to the relevant Manuscript integration, click Edit. The Update JIRA Integration window is displayed. In the Webhook URL field, click Copy to clipboard ().
- In Jira, in the Webhooks window, click Create a WebHook.
- Paste in the Webhook URL (from Step 1). Add a JQL filter, and in the Issue column, select the updated event.
- Click Create.