IP Address Restrictions is a feature that allows organizations to restrict from which IP Addresses users can access the Netsparker Enterprise dashboard, which enhances the security of the solution. This feature is also included in Netsparker Enterprise On-Premises edition. Once it is enabled, anyone trying to log in to Netsparker Enterprise from an IP Address not in the Trusted IP Addresses list will be denied access.
This IP Address restriction feature is disabled by default.
Only account administrators can enable or disable IP restrictions in Netsparker Enterprise.
All Netsparker editions support IPv6 both as servers and agents. This means you can configure Netsparker Enterprise On-premises server to use IPv6, and Netsparker Enterprise can scan websites that use IPv6.
For further information, see Overview of Settings in Netsparker Enterprise.
How to Enable IP Restrictions
- From the main menu, click Settings, then IP Restrictions. TheIP Address Restrictions window is displayed.
- Enable the Enable IP Restrictions checkbox.
- Click New. A new row is displayed.
- Your IP address is shown in the sidebar. We highly recommend adding it in first, in order to avoid getting locked out.
- Add one IP address at a time. Ranges and wildcards are not supported.
- In the Description field, enter a description, such as Home IP Address, Office IP Address.
- In the IP Address field, enter the full IP address.
- Click Save.
- If your IP Address is not already listed, a warning dialog is displayed.
How to Delete a Trusted IP Address
- From the main menu, click Settings, then IP Restrictions. The IP Address Restrictions window is displayed.
- Next to the relevant IP Address, click the Delete button ().
- Click Save.