Mattermost is an open-source, flexible, messaging platform that enables secure team collaboration. Mattermost is a Slack alternative and from a Netsparker Enterprise viewpoint its integration procedure works like Slack. A new incoming webhook is created as a Mattermost instance. It is then pasted into the Netsparker Enterprise Mattermost integration.
How to Integrate Netsparker Enterprise with Mattermost
- Go to Simple Incoming Webhook in Mattermost.
- From the main menu, click Integrations, then Incoming Webhooks.
- Click Add Incoming Webhook. The Add window is displayed.
- Enter the Title (name) of the webhook
- Enter the Description of the webhook. (The description can be up to 500 characters.)
- From the dropdown, select the Channel to receive webhook payloads.
- Click Saveto create the webhook. The Incoming Webhooks window is displayed.
- In the Webhook URL field, click Copy. (You will need this URL later.)
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise.
- From the main menu, click Integration, then New Integration.
- From the Communication section, click Mattermost. The New Mattermost Integration window is displayed.
- Copy and paste the WebHook Url you created in Mattermost into the WebHook URL field in Netsparker.
- Click Create Sample Issue to confirm that Netsparker can connect to the configured system and create a sample issue.
- Click Save.
How to Export Reported Vulnerabilities to Projects in Mattermost
There are several ways to send issues to Mattermost with Netsparker Enterprise:
- Once notifications have been configured, you can configure Netsparker Enterprise to automatically send vulnerabilities after scanning has been completed (see How to Configure a Notification to Report Vulnerabilities to an Issue Tracking System).
- You can send one or more issues the Issues window:
- You must have Manage Issue permission,
- From the main menu, select Issues, then All Issues. The Issues window is displayed.
- Select one or more issues you want to send.
- Click Send To, then Mattermost.
- A popup is displayed, with a link to the issue you have sent to Mattermost. If there is an error, this information will be displayed instead.
- You can send an issue from the Recent Scans window:
- From the main menu, click Scans then Recent Scans.
- Next to the relevant scan, click Report. The report is displayed.
- Scroll down to the Technical Report section.
- From the list of detected vulnerabilities, click to select an issue and display its details.
- Click Send To, then Mattermost. If you have previously submitted this vulnerability to Mattermost, it will already be accessible. You cannot submit the same issue twice.