Netsparker Standard is the Windows application edition of the Netsparker web application scanner solution. Both downloading and installing Netsparker Standard are straightforward, meaning you can start scanning web applications immediately.
Before installing Netsparker Standard, always ensure that you have the latest service pack and Windows updates on your computer.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (Anniversary update) or higher; for server versions: Windows Server 2016 or above (Windows Server 2019 recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
- 1.8 GHz or faster processor. Dual-core or better recommended
- 4GB of available RAM (8 GB or higher recommended)
- 1 GB of HDD space for installation. Typical disk usage per scan should be less than 100 MB, depending on the target site complexity and attacking options, this value may increase to a few GBs
How to Install Netsparker Standard
- Download the latest version of Netsparker Standard from the download link provided when you purchased the license.
- From the download location, double-click NetsparkerSetup.exe. The Netsparker Setup Installation Wizard opens at the first step, the License Agreement.
- Click I Agree to confirm you have read and agreed to the EULA.
- Click Next. The Choose Install Location step is displayed.
- By default Netsparker Standard is installed in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Netsparker folder. (Alternatively, you can click Browse, and change the destination folder.)
- Click Next. The Choose Start Menu Folder step is displayed.
- By default Netsparker Standard is added to a Start Menu folder called 'Netsparker'. (Alternatively, select another folder or enter a name to create a new one.)
- Click Install. Setup copies the files and installs Netsparker Standard.
Once installed, Netsparker Standard will start and prompt you to enter license information. For further information, please see How to Activate a License in Netsparker Standard.
Downloading Netsparker Standard from Netsparker Enterprise
Netsparker Team and Enterprise Licenses also let you download Netsparker Standard and use it with your license key.
To download Netsparker Standard, you need to be an account administrator or have the permission to manage websites.
How To Download Netsparker Standard from Netsparker Enterprise
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise.
- Select [Your Name] (top right of window), then License. The Account License window is displayed.
- From the Netsparker Desktop Scanner section, click the Netsparker Desktop Scanner link. The download will start immediately.
To install Netsparker Standard, see How to Install Netsparker Standard.
You can integrate Netsparker Standard with Netsparker Enterprise to upload finished scans. For further information, see How to Upload Finished Scans to Netsparker Enterprise Automatically from Netsparker Standard and Integrating Netsparker Standard with Netsparker Enterprise.
Using the Offline License Wizard
If you are installing Netsparker Standard on a machine with no internet access, you can activate your license by following the Offline Activation wizard steps.
How To Activate Your License Offline
- Open Netsparker Standard. The License Required window is displayed.
- Enter your license key and click Activate. If the host machine is offline, The License Activation dialog is displayed and open at the Offline Activation step.
- Click Next. Step 1 in the Offline Activation process is displayed.
- Enter the path to the file where netsparker license file will be saved, or click the ellipsis () and select a save location.
- Click Next. Step 2 in the Offline Activation process is displayed.
- Click Copy URL to Clipboard.
- Click Next. Step 3 in the Offline Activation process is displayed.
- Log in to a machine with internet access.
- Open a web browser and paste the URL you copied in the previous step into the address bar. The Netsparker License Activation page is displayed.
- Drag and drop the file you saved in Step 1 (in this example, netsparker.nsl) onto the Drop files here to upload area. Another .nsl file with a randomly generated name is downloaded.
- Drag and drop the file to the Drop File Here area on Step 3: Load the downloaded file window (or click the ellipsis and locate it).
- Click Next.
- Click Finish. A confirmation message is displayed.