Netsparker Standard is the Windows application edition of the Netsparker web application scanner solution. Both downloading and installing Netsparker Standard are straightforward, meaning you can start scanning web applications immediately.
First, ensure you have contacted Netsparker to purchase the correct Plan, so that you have access to the correct Netsparker Editions.
Before installing Netsparker Standard, always ensure that you have the latest service pack and Windows updates on your computer.
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (Anniversary update) or higher; for server versions: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
- 1.8 GHz or faster processor. Dual-core or better recommended
- 1GB of available RAM (4GB recommended)
- 200 MB of HDD space for installation. Typical disk usage per scan should be less than 100 MB, depending on the target site complexity and attacking options, this value may increase to a few GBs
How to Install Netsparker Standard
- Download the latest version of Netsparker Standardfrom the download link provided when you purchased the license.
- From the download location, doubleclick NetsparkerSetup.exe. Microsoft's User Account Control dialog is displayed. Click Yes.
- The Netsparker Setup Installation Wizard opens at the first step, the License Agreement.
- Click I Agree to confirm you have read and agreed to the EULA. The Select License Model step is displayed.
- Select Registered Installation since you will also have been issues with a Netsparker license file. (Alternatively, if you do not have a license file, you can select Trial Installation.)
- Click Next. The Choose Install Location step is displayed.
- By default Netsparker Standard is installed in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Netsparker folder. (Alternatively, you can click Browse, and change the destination folder.)
- Click Next. The Choose Start Menu Folder step is displayed.
- By default Netsparker Standard is added to a Start Menu folder called 'Netsparker'. (Alternatively, select another folder or enter a name to create a new one.)
- Click Install. Setup copies the files and installs Netsparker Standard.
How to Load the License File
These instructions relate to Netsparker versions up to 5.0 only.
- When the Netsparker Standard Installation Wizard is finished, you will be prompted, with this License Missing or Invalid dialog, to load the license file.
- You must first download the license file from the location provided to you when you purchased the license. Save it in a location you can find again.
- Next, click Load License File. Microsoft's User Account Control dialog is displayed.
- Click Yes. The Browse for Netsparker's License File dialog is displayed.
- Navigate to the downloaded license file, and click Open. This copies the license file into Netsparker's Program folder on your local machine.
- Once the license is confirmed, Netsparker Standard opens at the Start a New Website or Web Service Scan dialog.
For further information, see Creating a New Scan.