Netsparker Shark enables you to carry out interactive security testing (IAST) in your web application in order to confirm more vulnerabilities and further minimize false positives. For Netsparker Shark to operate, you need to download an agent and deploy it on your server. Please note that this agent is generated uniquely for each target website for security reasons.
This topic explains how to download and copy the Shark files to your hard disk and install the Shark to your web application.
Deploying the Shark agent consists of 3 steps:
1. Downloading the Shark agent
You can find the required instructions to download the Shark agent in Deploying Netsparker Shark.
You must install Prerequisites on the server hosting the website. The Shark installer application requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher.
2. Copying the Shark agent to web server
You need to copy the Shark installation files to the server hosting the .NET website.
3. Installing Netsparker Shark
To install Netsparker Shark, you need to follow the steps below.
How to install Netsparker Shark for .NET websites
- Open Shark Installer. The Netsparker .NET Shark Manager Setup window is displayed.
- Click Next, then Install.
- Once installed, click Finish. The Netsparker .NET Shark Manager is installed on your server. Please note that you may be asked to insert the AcuSensor password. This should match the one that you used in Acunetix settings.
- Open the Netsparker .NET Shark Manager and view a list of .NET applications installed on your server
- Select website(s) and application(s), and click Install Sensor. Netsparker Shark will be installed in selected applications.
- Then, close the confirmation window and also the Shark manager.
How to remove Netsparker Shark for .NET websites
- Open the Netsparker .NET Shark Manager
- Select the websites and click Remove Sensor
- Close the Netsparker .NET Shark Manager.
If needed, you can also uninstall the Netsparker .NET Shark Manager from the Add/Remove Programs from the Settings.
Although the Netsparker Shark agent is secured with a unique strong built-in password, it is recommended that the Shark client files are uninstalled and removed from the web application if they are no longer in use.