Okta is an identity and access management platform. Its single sign-on solution allows users to log into a variety of systems using one centralized process.
Using Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), a user can use their managed account credentials to sign in to enterprise cloud applications via Single Sign-On (SSO). An Identity Provider (IdP) service provides administrators with a single place to manage all users and cloud applications. You don't have to manage individual user IDs and passwords tied to individual cloud applications for each of your users. An IdP service provides your users with a unified sign-on across all their enterprise cloud applications. Netsparker Enterprise supports the SAML methods of both IdP initiated and SP initiated.
You can also create a new user in Netsparker Enterprise using the Enable Auto Provisioning option.
Single Sign-On Fields
This table lists and explains the Single Sign-On fields in the Configure Single Sign-On window.
|Enable||Select this option to enable the single sign-on feature.|
|Enforce to authenticate only with single sign-on||Enable this option so only administrator users can authenticate without single sign-on. Users can only sign in to Netsparker Enterprise by using the email address that belongs to their employer.|
|IdP Identifier||This is the SAML identity provider’s Identifier value.|
|SAML 2.0 Service URL||This is the Consumer URL value (also called the SSO Endpoint or Recipient URL).|
|SAML 2.0 Endpoint||This is the URL from your IdP's SSO Endpoint field.|
|X.509 Certificate||This is the X.509 certificate value.|
|Enable Auto Provisioning||
Enable this option so that an account will be automatically created for IdP registered users when they first access Netsparker Enterprise.
If you enable this option for user creation in Netsparker Enterprise, you must complete the FirstName, LastName and Phone Number (optional) fields in the Attribute Statements on the IdP side.
This means a new team member can log in to Netsparker Enterprise with no user permissions, such as Start Scan. They can add permissions after this.
|Require SAML assertions to be encrypted||
Enable this option to prevent third parties from reading private data in transit from assertions.
There are two options:
How to Configure Okta Single Sign-On Integration with SAML
- Log in to your Okta account and navigate to the Admin dashboard.
The Dashboard is displayed.
- From the Shortcuts menu, click Add Applications. The Add Application window is displayed.
- Click Create New App. The Create a New Application Integration dialog is displayed.
- In the Sign on method field, select SAML 2.0 and click Create. The Create SAML Integration window is displayed and opens at the General Settings tab.
- In the App name field, enter a name, and click Next. The Configure SAML tab is displayed.
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise, and from the main menu, click Settings, then Single Sign-On. The Single Sign-On window is displayed:
- Copy the URL from the SAML 2.0 Service URL field.
- Then in Okta, paste the URL into the Single sign on URL field.
- In Netsparker Enterprise's Single Sign-On window, copy the URL from the Identifier field.
- In Okta paste the URL into the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) field.
- If you selected Enable Auto Provisioning, for user creation in Netsparker Enterprise you should complete the FirstName, LastName and Phone Number (optional) fields in the Attribute Statements. If you did not select it, you do not need to complete anything.
- In Okta, click Next. The Feedback tab is displayed.
- Click Finish, and ensure that you assign your users.
- Navigate to the Applications window and click the Sign On tab. The Sign On tab is displayed.
- Click Assignments if you want to assign either a User or Groups.
- Click Assign, then Assign to People or Assign to Groups.
- Click View Setup Instructions.
- In the window that is displayed:
- Copy the URL from the Identity Provider Issuer field.
- Then log in to Netsparker Enterprise, and from the main menu, click Settings, then Single Sign-On. The Single Sign-On window is displayed. Select the Okta tab and paste the URL into the Idp Identifier field.
- Next, copy the URL from the Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL field.
- Then in Netsparker Enterprise's Single Sign-On window, paste the URL into the SAML 2.0 Endpoint field.
- Copy the content from the X.509 Certificate field.
- Finally, in Netsparker Enterprise's Single Sign-On window, paste it into the X.509 Certificate field.
- Check Enable Auto Provisioning and Require SAML assertions to be encrypted as required
- In Netsparker Enterprise's Single Sign-On window, click Save Changes.