Authentication Verifier is a service application that verifies form-based authentication configuration. This is an optional component. If you’re not scanning websites with form authentication, you don’t need to install it.
In the Authentication Verifier window, you can configure the authentication verifier and view the authentication verifier status. You can also copy the Access Token.
This topic explains how to install the Authentication Verifier.
Authentication Verifier Settings is available in the Netsparker Enterprise On-Premises edition only.
Authentication Verifier Settings Fields
This table lists and explains the fields in the Authentication Verifier window.
This is used to match the Authentication Verifier service with the Web Application while installing the authentication verifier.
Authentication Verifier Status
This indicates whether the Authentication Verifier is installed or not.
How to Configure the Authentication Verifier
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise.
- From the main menu, select Settings > Authentication Verifier.
- In the Access Token field, copy the Access token by clicking the Copy to clipboard button ().
Installing Netsparker Enterprise Authentication Verifier
The Netsparker Enterprise Authentication Verifier is installed using a wizard.
How to Install the Netsparker Enterprise Authentication Verifier
- First, run the AuthVerifierSetup.exe file. The Netsparker Enterprise Authentication Verifier Setup wizard is displayed and opens at the Welcome to the Netsparker Enterprise Authentication Verifier Setup Wizard step.
- Select Next. The Select Installation Folder step is displayed.
- Select Browse and select the installation folder, if you want a different one.
- Select Next. The Authentication Verifier Settings step is displayed.
- The API URL field is already completed. (It should point to the WebApp URL.)
- In the API Token field, enter your token. You can find this in API Settings.
- Click Next. The Ready to Install step is displayed.
- Click Install.
Now you can check whether Authentication Verifier can communicate with Netsparker Enterprise App. To do so, from the main menu, select Settings > Authentication Verifier Settings.