In order to execute a security scan on a website using Netsparker Enterprise, you first need to add the Website in the New Website window.
If the website is not included and you launch a scan, the system will display an error (‘The Target URL is required.') If the website is not recognized and you launch a scan, the system will display an error (‘No website could be found with this URL on this account. Go to Websites from the menu and add a website now.’)
If you want to add more than one website at a time, or if you have lots of websites to scan, see Importing Websites in Netsparker Enterprise.
How to Add a Website in Netsparker Enterprise
- Log in to Netsparker Enterprise.
- From the main menu, select Websites > New Website.
- In the Name field, enter a friendly name for the website.
- In the Description field, enter information for the website.
- In the URL field, enter the website's URL. It must include 'http' or 'https'.
- In the Website Groups checklist, by default, the website is part of the Default group. Select another option, if relevant. Alternatively, select Select All. (For further information, see Website Groups in Netsparker Enterprise.)
- From the Technical Contact drop-down list, select an option. (The current user is the default technical contact.)
- In Netsparker Enterprise (On-Demand only), there is an additional field, Agent Mode. Select an option.
- Select Save.