Web Application Security Researcher
You will join to the Netsparker security & research team as a Web Application Security Researcher.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- A very deep understanding of web application security vulnerabilities (both client-side and server-side)
- A hands on experience in exploitation of web application security issues
- Basic web application development skills (e.g. ASP.NET, ASP, PHP, PERL, J2EE, JSP)
- Basic system administration skills such as installing and maintenance of operating systems (Windows and Linux), web/application servers and database systems
- Research and development of new web vulnerability detection techniques
- Developing attack signatures and heuristic models for the known security vulnerabilities
- Writing vulnerable test cases for each added security check
- Diagnosing security check bugs
- Following the latest techniques in the field
- Providing content for regular blog posts, tools and conference presentations
Required Soft Skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Ability to work remotely as part of a virtual team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the following concepts: RTFM, DRY, GTD, JFGI
This is a remote-only position. You must be able to work around the GMT+0 time zone.
How to Apply
Email your CV to hr-netsparker.com.
Netsparker develops industry leading desktop and cloud based automated web application security scanners. Netsparker scanners are very easy to use and their proof-based vulnerability scanning technology enables you to easily and automatically detect SQL Injection, Cross-site scripting and other vulnerabilities in your websites, web applications and web services.
Netsparker’s unique scanning, detection and auto exploitation techniques allow the web vulnerability scanners to be dead accurate. Therefore you do not have to waste time manually verifying the scanner’s findings and instead can focus on fixing the identified vulnerabilities. Netsparker scanners are trusted and used by world renowned companies such as Samsung, Ernst & Young, Skype, NASA, ISACA and ING Bank.