Launching the First Web Application Security Scan
Screenshot 9 – Launch a new web security scan in Netsparker Cloud
To launch a new web application security scan click the Scan button next to the website's name and select Full Scan. Alternatively you can launch a new website security scan by navigating to the New Scan node in the Scans sidebar menu.
Screenshot 10 – Configuring a new web security scan in Netsparker Cloud
To scan a web application using the default settings click the Launch button. From the New Scan page you can also:
- Configure the Scan Scope, which allows you to define which parts of the target web application should be crawled.
- Specify which of the websites that are linked from the target need to be scanned in the Additional Websites setting.
- Manually specify URLs that need to be scanned, maybe because they are not linked from anywhere on the target website.
- Import URLs from third party proxies such as Fiddler, Paros and Burp.
- Configure URL rewrite rules and related settings.
- Configure form authentication to scan password protection sections of the target web application.
- Configure Basic, NTLM or Digest authentication, or specify the client certificate that is needed to access the website.
- Specify when the target website can be scanned by configuring the Scan Time Window.
- Configure SMS and Email notifications so you are alerted instantly when, for example, a critical vulnerability is identified on the target website.
Once you submit the scan it will commence within a few minutes and you will be notified via email once the scan is started and finished.