Prior to launching a web security scan with Netsparker
- URL of target website to be scanned
- Initial path of scan
- Scan Policy
- Scheduling options
- Scope of the scan
- URL Rewrite mode
- List of regular expressions (RegEx) to match URLs that should be excluded or included in the security scan
- Custom cookies
- List of URLs of pages which are not linked from anywhere in the website and must be included in the scan.
Note: Scan Profiles only apply to single website scans. They cannot be used for website groups scans.
Default Settings Values
All the scan settings have a default value and unless configured otherwise, the default value will be used for the web security scan.
Managing Netsparker Cloud Scan Profiles
Saving Scan Settings as a Netsparker Cloud Scan Profile
- Once you configure the scan settings click the Manage button highlighted in the above screenshot.
- Specify a name for the new Scan Profile and click the Save As New Profile.
Usinga Saved Scan Profile for a Web Security Scan
To load the saved scan profile for a new security scan select it from the Scan Profile drop-down menu at the top of the New Scan page.
Updating Saved Scan Profiles
To change or update a saved scan profile follow the below procedure:
- Select the scan profile you would like to update from the Scan PRofile drop-down menu in the New Scan page.
- Do all the necessary changes and click the Manage button next to the Scan Profile drop-down menu once ready.
- Click the Update button to save the new changes to the saved scan profile.
Alternatively you can save the updated scan profile as a new one by clicking the Save As New Profile button and specifying a new name.
Deleting Scan Profiles
To delete a scan profile load it from the Scan Profile drop-down menu, click the Manage button and the Delete button.